Eat Pray Love is a film starring Julia Roberts as Liz, based on Elizabeth Gilbert’s best-selling memoir.
The protagonist had everything a modern woman is supposed to dream of having - a husband, a house, a successful career - yet she found herself lost, confused, and searching for what she really wanted in life. In her travels, she discovers the true pleasure of nourishment by eating in Italy; the power of prayer in India, and, finally and unexpectedly, the inner peace and balance of true love in Bali.
CLIP: “I Am Not Checking Out”
The scene that you are about to see is called “I Am Not Checking Out”.
Do you think she will be talking about...
a) a hotel b) not looking at someone c) quitting something
Watch the clip and answer the following questions:
1. How long has Liz either "been with a guy or breaking up with a guy"? _______________________.
a) For the past 15 years b) Since she was 15 c) 15 times
2. Liz's friend thinks Liz will miss her _______________________.
a) friends and family b) job c) city
3. Liz wants to _______________________.
a) increase her ability to work harder b) recover her appetite for life
c) find the perfect spaghetti recipe
4. Liz thinks that Italy is a place where she will be able to _______________________.
a) get excited about life again b) relax c) go on a diet
5. Liz's friend thinks that Liz ________________________.
a) should go back to college b) should go talk with a college kid
c) is behaving in an immature way