Video Activity - BBC science - 4.44 minutes
This episode investigates a theory using experiments. A class of children have been tested to see if Omega 3 oil makes any difference to their scholastic* ability.
(Babylon Dictionary Search)
Watch the video and choose the right answer a, b, or c.
- How many years ago our diet used to consist of roughly equal amounts of omega 3 and omega 6?
a.10 b.100 c.1000
- Now we're eating ...
a. less omega 3 and more omega 6. b.equal amounts of omega 3 and omega 6. c. more omega 3 and less omega 6.
- Which group of people eat definitely too little omega 3 and too much omega 6?
a.adults b.teens c.children
- Children's favourite food is ...
a.vegetables. b.chips. c.fish.
- What a study on over a thousand children showed?
a.Children don't like eating chips. b.All children eat a vegetable or a piece of fruit each day. c.86% had not eaten fish.
- What transforms a child's reading ability?
a.fish oil b.fruits c.sweets
- Dr Madeline assesed nearly 300 children reading, writing and ...
a.ability to run. b.ability to concentrate. c.ability to play.
- What children were taking by 6 months?
a. half of them supplement containing omega 3 and the second half placebo from palm oil b.supplement containing omega 3 c.placebo from palm oil
- Mathew paid more attention at class and describred himself as being ...
a.the same. b.sleepy. c.very different.