UP, The Movie - The What's Up Issue



Video Activity - Prepositions

1.Pre-watching discussion.

  • What was your personality like when you were a kid? Were you shy? Adventurous? Intrepid?
  • Were you good at making friends? How did you make friends?
  • What games did you enjoy playing with your friends or alone?
  • What were some embarrassing situations when you were a child? Did you ever blush or feel embarrased?



2.Watch the movie segment and order the events below.



A)She takes off her helmet and her hair frizzes out in all directions.

B)A girl’s voice comes from a dilapidated house.

C)Ellie jumps out the window and Carl rests his head on his balloon.

D)Carl screams and he lets go of his balloon

E) Carl puts on his goggles, starts forward... and falls through the floor.

F)Ellie shows him a book and Carl has a thought about his toy dirigible.

G)The two kids hunker under a blanket tent with a flashlight.  

H)She removes a homemade grape soda cap pin from her shirt and pins it on Carl.

I) The lost blue balloon floats into Carl’s room and Ellie’s head pops up from outside the open window.

J)An ambulance speeds up, with its siren blaring.

K)Carl sees a girl with a flight helmet and goggles.

L)Carl is in bed, reading a book by flashlight, his arm in a cast.



1 :

2 :
3 :
4 :
5 :
6 :

7 :
8 :
9:
10:
11 :

12 :



3.Provide the missing prepositions in the script. Then watch again and check your work.

to    towards   out(2)   in    down    at   off    for   on 


Ellie:Adventure is out there! Look (1)...........! Mount Rushmore! Hard to starboard. Must get the Spirit of Adventure over Mount Rushmore...   Hold together old girl. How're my dogs doing? Ruff ruff!  All engines ahead full! Let's take her up to 26,000 feet! Rudders eighteen degrees (2)................ the south.
...It's a beautiful day, winds out of the east (3).................. ten knots.  Visibility... unlimited.
Enter the weather in the logbook!
Oh! There's something (4)................. there! I will bring it back for science. Awwww, it's a puppy! No time! A storm! Lightning! Hail!
         
What are you doing!?!
Don't you know this is an exclusive club? Only explorers get in here.  Not just any kid (5)......................  the street with a helmet and a pair of goggles. Do you think you got what it takes? Well, do you?!?

Alright, you're in. Welcome aboard.
What's wrong? Can't you talk?
Hey, I don't bite.
You and me, we're (6).....................  a club now.
I saw where your balloon went.  Come on, let's go get it!
My name's Ellie.
  
There it is.  Well, go ahead. Go (7).....................
  
Carl: Ow!!

Ellie:Thought you might need a little cheerin' up. I got somethin' to                       show ya!
I am about (8)....................... let you see something I have never shown to another human
being. Ever. In my life.
You'll have to swear you will not tell anyone. Cross your heart. Do it!
My Adventure Book!
You know him.  Charles Muntz, explorer. When I get  big, I'm going where he's going: South America.
It's like America... but south.  Wanna know where I'm gonna live?
"Paradise Falls, a land lost in time." I ripped this right out of  a library book.
I'm gonna move my clubhouse there, and park it right next to the  falls. Who knows what lives up  there? And once I get there...
Well, I'm saving these pages (9)................... all the adventures I'm gonna have.
Only... I just don't know how I'm gonna get to Paradise Falls.
That's it! You can take us there in a blimp! Swear you'll take us.
Cross your heart! Cross it! Cross your heart.
Good. You promised. No backing (10)..................
Well, see you tomorrow kid!   Bye.
"Adventure is out there!!"
You know, you don't talk very much. I like you. 

Carl: Wow.

         


No comments:

Post a Comment