Change the World



Song and discussion activity


A.QUOTES
Can you discover WHO said WHAT? Why do you think so?

Napoleon Bonaparte    -    Nelson Mandela   -  Bono   -   Ray Bradbury    Mahatma Gandhi  -  Robin Williams


1.”Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”

2.”Music can change the world because it can change people.”

3.”No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.”

4.”It doesn't matter what you do, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it.”

5.”Those who have changed the universe have never done it by changing officials, but always by inspiring the people.”

6.”You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”


B.REFLECT
  • Which quote(s) do you agree with, most and least? Why?
  • Can you explain the message behind each thought? What do they mean?


C.SONG

We are going to listen to a song written by Sims, Kennedy and Kirkpatrick in 1996 and performed and made famous by Eric Clapton*.  

1.Choose the right word to complete the lyrics. Then listen and check your work.
2.What’s the song’s message? Can it be compared to any of the ideas expressed in the quotes above?  Why (not?)
3.What alternative title would you give to the song? Explain.

Change The World

If I could (1)..................................  the stars, I'd pull one down for you.
hold – reach - travel

Shine it on my heart, (2 )...................................   you could see the truth
because  - for - so

That this love I have (3 ) .................................., is everything it seems
in -  inside  - internal

But for now I ( 4) .................................., it's only in my dreams.
find -  will find  - finding

That I (5 ) .................................. change the world.
can  - should – won’t

I would be the sunlight in your (6 ) ..................................
sky – universe - garden

You would (7) ..................................  my love was really something good
believe – remember - think

Baby, if I could, change the world .

If I could be (8) .................................., even for a day
dreamer - king  - president

I'd take you as my (9) .................................., I'd have it no other day
queen – friend – sister

And our love will (10) .................................., in this kingdom we have made
role  -  real  -  rule

Till then I'd be a fool, (11) ..................................  for the day
wishing  - wish - wished





*Eric Patrick Clapton was born on 30 March 1945 and is an English musician,
singer-songwriter, record producer and artist. He has been referred to
as one of the most important and influential guitarists of all time.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment