Conversation & video activity
· What will be different in comparison to a typical house nowadays?
· How has housing evolve over the years, in terms of comfort, technology, etc?
· How and where did people live in the past?
· What is an intelligent house?
· What characteristics will make your life easier? What could potentially complicate your life in your future house?
· What issues will arise with housing in the future? Will there be housing shortages in the future?
· Is the housing situation, at present, similar around the world?
· What would a house on the Moon look like?
Watch the clip about an original house in Hong Kong. Choose the right option to complete the statement.
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zZfpe2v1g Length: 4 minutes
1.Apartments in Hong Kong are... (in residential areas - all the same - in not very high buildings)
2.In Hong Kong there is... (not much space - not many people - not much money to build)
3.Gary Chang is... (an engineer - an architect – a banker)
4.Gary Chang's apartment... (has one room - is bigger than other Hong Kong apartments - has 24 rooms.)
5.The original characteristic of the apartment is... (walls that become smaller - walls that are compact - walls that move)
6.Chang is... (single – married with two children - living with roommates)
7.When Chang was a child, he lived... (in a tiny apartment - in a bigger apartment - in the same apartment)
8.Chang ... (bought the apartment four years ago - bought the apartment from his parents - renovated the apartment twenty years ago)
9.Which house-related words were not mentioned in this video? (guestroom - lavatory - hall)