The Coffee Issue - Solutions



Starbucks Coffee Culture

1.Starbuck’s business history  2.the man who transformed and made the company grow. 3.the name was inspired by Moby Dick and evoked the romance of the high seas and the tradition of the early coffee traders. 4. the coffee experience, the idea of a place for conversation and a sense of community. A third place between work and home.  5.the atmosphere of their stores, community connection and the quality of the coffee served.



The Perfect Coffee

A) 1. a French press or Cafetier  2. a plastic cup with a lid 3. an Italian percolator/coffe maker  4. an espresso  5. an espresso machine  6. instant coffee  7. a latte

C) 1.F with a cafetier 2.T 7 grams per cup 3.F 3 cups cafetier 4.F Fresh water 5.T 6.T 7.T  8.F 4 minutes



Tom’s Diner, by Suzanne Vega

1.All except: t
ea – afternoon – chair – clock – cake – boy  - question – eyes - waiter

2.Lyrics :
TOM’S DINER

I am sitting in the morning at the diner on the corner
I am waiting at the counter for the man to pour the coffee
And he fills it only half way and before I even argue
He is looking out the window at somebody coming in.
“It is always nice to see you,” says the man behind the counter
to the woman who has come in, she is shaking her umbrella
and I look the other way as they are kissing their hellos
and I’m pretending not to see them, and instead I pour the milk.
I open up the paper, there’s a story of an actor
Who had died while he was drinking, it was no-one I had heard of
And I’m turning to the horoscope and looking for the funnies
When I’m feeling someone watching me and so I raise my head.
There’s a woman on the outside looking inside, does she see me?
No, she does not really see me ‘cause she sees her own reflection
And I’m trying not to notice that she’s hitching up her skirt
And while she’s straightening her stockings her hair has gotten wet.
Oh, this rain, it will continue through the morning as I’m listening
To the bells of the cathedral, I am thinking of your voice
And of the midnight picnic once upon a time before the rain began
And I finish up my coffee and it’s time to catch the train.
The Space Station Gets A Coffee Bar

1.F : a cup of espresso coffee is considered even more precious than water.    2.F: it was the Italian Space Agency    3.T  4.T  5.F: it was two companies   6.F: it’s about the size of a microwave. 7.F: This is an experimental machine. Nobody's sure how all that coffee and steam will behave in zero gravity.  8.T  9.T  10.T


No comments:

Post a Comment