The Official Song - The Olympic Issue


The Games have an official song. Muse's new tune, "Survival," has been named the official song of the competition.

The track will play during sporting sessions, as athletes enter stadiums and for the lead-ups to medal ceremonies.




Use the words or in the box to complete the lyrics. Then listen and check your work.

pace            alive                survive              life             choose
mine                human            whatever            light            lose


Survival
by Muse*


Race, (1) .................is a race
And I’m gonna win
Yes, I’m gonna win
And I (2)...................the fuse
And I’ll never (3)............................
And I choose to (4) ..........................

(5)....................it takes
You won’t pull ahead
I’ll keep up the (6).......................
And I reveal my strength
To the whole (7).....................  race
Yes, I am prepared

To stay (8).............................
And I won’t forgive
Vengeance is (9)...........................
And I won’t give in
Because I (10)....................  to thrive

Yeah we’re gonna win !

(repeat)

Fight ! Fight ! Fight ! Fight !
Win ! Win ! Win ¡ Win ¡

Yes, I’m gonna win ¡
*Muse are an English rock band from Devon, formed in 1994.
To date, they have released five studio albums.



No comments:

Post a Comment