Waiting in Vain



Song by Bob Marley*
Song, video and vocabulary activity

Watch the clip, listen to the song words and answer.
Source: http://youtu.be/4ukRwPRxYi0



1.What is the singer waiting for?
2.Why does he feel that he is waiting in vain?
3.How long has he been waiting?

4.Which of these words are mentioned in the song?


PUPPET

RED
WINTER
TEARS
BELIEF

TIME
EYES
SUMMER
SPRING

GRIEF
DOOR
STRING
WINDOW

FEAR
FALL
RELIEF

See the lyrics below and check your work.

5.What’s the story told in the video clip? Does it go along well with the words?



Lyrics:

I don't wanna wait in vain for your love;

From the very first time I blessed my eyes on you, girl,
My heart says follow through.
But I know, now, that I'm way down on your line,
But the waiting feel is fine,

So don't treat me like a puppet on a string,
'Cause I know I have to do my thing.
Don't talk to me as if you think I'm dumb,
I wanna know when you're gonna come, soon.

I don't wanna wait in vain for your love

'Cause if summer is here,
I'm still waiting there,
Winter is here,
And I'm still waiting there.

Like I said,
It's been three years since I'm knocking on your door,
And I still can knock some more,
Oh girl, ooh girl, is it feasible?
I wanna know now, for I to knock some more.
You see, in life I know there's lots of grief,
But your love is my relief,
Tears in my eyes burn, tears in my eyes burn
While I'm waiting, while I'm waiting for my turn,
See!


I don't wanna wait in vain for your love.
I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna,
I don't wanna wait in vain.


It's your love that I'm waiting on (I don't wanna, I don't wanna...)
It's me love that you're running from.
It's Jah love that I'm waiting on (I don't wanna, I don't wanna...)
It's me love that you're running from.



*Robert Nesta Marley (1945 – 1981) was a Jamaican reggae singer, songwriter and guitarist who achieved international fame. He started out in 1963 with the group the Wailers, and forged a distinctive style that would later resonate with audiences worldwide. After the Wailers disbanded in 1974, Marley pursued a solo career which culminated in the release of the album Exodus in 1977. This established his worldwide reputation. He was a committed Rastafari who infused his music with a profound sense of spirituality.

(adapted from wikipedia.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment