Vocabulary & Game Activity
Use the clues below to complete the crossword puzzle.
4. Two words at the end of every movie.
5. According to an old saying "It's not over until the fat .... sings".
8. According to William Shakespeare in Troilus and Cressida "The end crowns all;And that old common arbitrator, ...., Will one Day end it.
9. Whoever laughs last, laughs ....
13. Last month of the year.
15. Small pieces of brightly colored paper that people often throw at celebrations.
17. An imaginary fat man with a white beard and a red suit who gives toys to children near the end of December (2 words).
18. An eight-day Jewish holiday that is celebrated in the end of the year.
19. A small device that explodes to make a display of light and noise.
20. To count backwards to an event that will start when zero is reached.
1. An interjection to emphasize the finality of something. Also a punctuation mark.
2. December 31st (3 words).
3. To engage in festivities or rejoice.
4. An act of proposing or drinking in honor of somebody or something.
6. The start of the New Year is at the .... of midnight.
7. The site of the annual New Year's Eve ball drop in New York City (2 words).
10. When the year is ending and a new one is starting, many people make these goals.
11. Food that people around the world traditionally eat for luck to ring in the New Year, and that symbolizes coins.
12. A Christian holiday celebrated at the end of the year.
14. "Auld Lang Syne" is the traditional .... for ringing in the New Year in almost every English speaking country.
16. A message in video games which signals that the game has ended, commonly due to a negative outcome (2 words).