Game and vocabulary activity
Use the clues below to complete the word game.
3. A small boat that is moved through water using oars.
5. If you miss it, you miss a good opportunity by acting too slowly.
7. The piece used in steering a ship.
9. A heavy device attached by a rope or chain and that is thrown into the water to hold the boat or ship in place.
12. The back part of a ship, opposite of bow.
13. A boat used to carry people and things for a short distance between two places.
14. The central pole in a sailboat.
1. A boat that is also used as a house.
2. Another word for port.
4. Leader of a ship.
6. The group of people who operate a ship.
8. If you go there, you are doing too much.
10. A ... liner, a large ship that people travel on vacations.
11. The depth of water a ship has and also a rubber boat.
12. Large pieces of cloth used to catch the wind that moves the ship or boat through the water (pl).